First off, DEV apps are not a “bad quality” version of the FlashDrive instances.
Instead, DEV apps run on the same clusters and datacenters as other apps but with limited resources allocated.
Features of DEV apps
DEV apps only have:
- 1 CPU Core
- 256 MB RAM
- 5GB maximum build size
- 5GB maximum disk space, $0.016/day for each additional GB
- However, like all other FlashDrive apps, Dev Apps also get:
- Free and unlimited traffic.
- Unlimited build time.
- Free monitoring with email/text messages alerts.
- Always-ON apps (That’s right, Dev Apps can run 24/7 like all others).
- Horizontal scalability -you can always add more nodes (except for databases and some specific apps).
- Vertical scalability -you can select a bigger instance size for your app at any time.
Scaling features requires a paying account.
Benefits of DEV apps
DEV apps are perfect for:
- Testing code and getting started with FlashDrive or Docker.
- Hosting websites in development mode.
- Discovering new language and datastores – you can launch a GO instance, browse some Youtube tutorials about Golang, and have fun!
- DEV Instances should never be used in production environments.
DEV apps are the capable entry-budget instances with the right features to test a build before going into full production.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0